Houses are often designed with the homeowner’s best interest in mind, especially in how everything is laid out as it dictates the day-to-day movement of the future inhabitants of the house. Previously, bathrooms and powder rooms have always been left out when it comes to details as most houses would only have your basic water closet and sink, but then comes the best home bidet.
Bidets can either be a separate low basin or a water closet attachment, and both are becoming an essential part of any home bathroom. The main purpose of bidets is to clean the lower portions of your torso and ensure that you feel clean after doing your thing.
What a bidet does is that it shoots a jet of water right near your lower area which you can use to wash it effectively after doing your thing. Stand-alone units are often attached to the walls of your bathroom while water closet attachments are connected to the water line and then placed beside the water closet with knobs and switches that can control the temperature and force of the water.
Three of the Best Home Bidets
This list focuses on three of the best home bidets that can be attached to your water closet. This is a favorable option for homeowners who have little space to spare for standalone bidets. Attachable bidets also let homeowners of old homes modify their bathrooms to now boast a bidet with premium features.
1. Home Comfort Essentials Premium Non-Electric Toilet Seat Attachment Bidet
The Premium Non-Electric Toilet Seat Attachment Bidet from Home Comfort Essentials come in a neat package that can be quickly attached to any toilet seat that you may have. It comes with the following key features:
- Quick and Easy Installation
The package comes with easy-to-follow instructions and all the accessories and screws that you might need for the assembly. This bidet can easily be attached and detached from any two-part water closet, and its mounting bars allow you to align the nozzles with the nozzles of the toilet.
- More Sanitary Than Wipes and Toilet Paper
The nozzle of this bidet cleans itself after every use which makes each use hygienic and comfortable. The water action caused by the bidet makes it more sanitary than traditional methods of cleaning yourself.
- Adjustable Spray
The water sprayer of this attachable bidet can be adjusted manually from soft to strong which makes it ideal for feminine hygiene.
Generally, a bidet is more eco-friendly than toilet paper and wipes since it only uses a small amount of water as compared to cutting down trees that have consumed more than enough water to last you a lifetime.
- The adjustable nozzle helps especially when you have different users who prefer different water strength levels.
- The spray of this bidet is potent.
- This attachment bidet is easy to install and use, just twist the knobs and you’re good to go.
- The materials used to manufacture this bidet seems to be of high quality and excelent workmanship.
- The hose that comes with this bidet is a little short, but it works, however, it can be softer and more flexible.
2. EcoHome USA Non-Electric Toilet Seat Bathroom Attachment Dual-Nozzle Bidet
The Dual-Nozzle Bidet from EcoHome USA is a practical-looking bidet with simple functions that let you do your thing without having to sacrifice comfort and convenience. Here are some of its features:
The nozzles of this bidet clean and sanitize themselves after every use which ensures that the water you use to clean yourself is hygienic and safe.
- Quick and Easy Installation
The included tools, accessories and manual ensure that you can attach and use this bidet in no time. You can also detach and reattach the bidet to any kind and brand of toilet seats available.
- Dual Spigot
The two nozzles of this bidet allow you to clean both the front and back at the same, which can be beneficial when it comes to being thorough about hygiene and cleanliness.
Other than consuming less water than the production of toilet paper and wet wipes as a whole, bidets tend to generate less solid waste.
- This bidet is easy to use, and it is clearly the more sanitary option when it comes to hygiene for your lower area.
- The nozzles of this bidet work fine, and the adjustable water spray lets the user customize the strength of the water.
- The two nozzles are ideal for people who have recently undergone a medical procedure and could not reach near or far their lower area.
- The installation of this bidet can be a little tricky as the threads of the nuts and bolts can easily be run out, and you would have to purchase similar items at a higher price. Using Teflon tape around the thread seems to be a good workaround for this issue.
- The different connectors and fittings of this bidet are prone to leakage when not installed properly, make sure to follow the manual to a tee to get optimal performance.
3. Luxe Bidet Neo 185 Non-Electric Mechanical Bidet
The Neo 185 Non-Electric Mechanical Bidet from Luxe is a sleek-looking bidet that can be attached to any two-part water closet and can be adjusted depending on the holes of the toilet seat. Here are some of its key features:
- Modern Look
The Luxe bidet is made of high-quality parts, and it is a bidet that is designed with chrome-plated knobs which make it appear elegant and modern, no matter the setting they are placed in.
- Double Nozzles
This bidet is equipped with dual spigots that allow for a rear and frontal wash with different spray strengths. This is ideal for monthly feminine hygiene, as well as for maternity care.
- Sanitary Protection
The nozzles have a self-cleaning feature that sanitizes themselves after every use. The nozzles also retract when not in use which lessens their exposure to bacteria and germs.
- Quick and Easy Installation
The package includes everything you would need, from the tools to the accessories. The bidet can easily attach to any two-part water closet, and it easily detaches, too.
Since bidets consume less water and generate less solid waste, bidets are an eco-friendly investment for your home.
- This bidet is easy to install as it comes with everything you would need, and the parts can be easily replaced with alternative ones if in a pinch.
- This bidet works well and is a great accessory to have if you would have to undergo a medical procedure and even when you don’t and just want to feel clean.
- The spray coming from the nozzles are strong enough to feel comfortable even if it is set at the lowest setting.
- The design and chrome-plated finish of this bidet add a certain touch to your toilet’s design.
- The adjustable nozzles can take some time to get used to, especially since you would not notice the difference in strength at the start.
- The nozzles can be hard to center, and this varies the direction of the spray.
- The bidet mounting may raise your toilet seat a little bit which can be off-putting to some while others get used to it after a few sessions.
Which Is the Best Bidet?
Considering that all three of the bidets above are attachable, non-electric and come with adjustable nozzles, it becomes apparent that the race to the top will be a tough one. Each brand has their undeniable benefits coming from its set of features, but not all bidets are made the same.
For this particular list of bidets, the best is the Luxe Bidet Neo 185 Non-Electric Mechanical Bidet as it provides that spray strength that anybody can get on board with while keeping it a low setting. It’s dual nozzles, although not a new thing, also help especially when you find some areas beneath that are hard to reach. And finally, the self-cleaning, retractable nozzles that ensure that they are sanitized and ready for the next user every time.
Bidets have once been considered to be an item of luxury and are often found in deluxe suites of top hotels or castles, but the attachable bidets have changed the toilet hygiene game for everybody. Nowadays, you would not need extra space and money to enjoy the benefits of having a bidet, just invest in any of the bidets mentioned above and open up to a world of luxury and hygiene.