Looking for the best portable toilet? Traveling and spending time outdoors can be one of the most rewarding experiences one can have.
Exploring the far reaches of our world and visiting amazing and rare sights is something we should all do at least once in our lives. Some people are hesitant to do this, mostly because they are afraid to leave the comforts of home.
When out exploring the outdoors, one of the most realistic concerns is having no access to a toilet. Luckily, we now have portable toilets. With these products, you no longer have to be concerned about that particular daily need.
Cleanwaste Go Anywhere Portable Toilet
Palm Springs Outdoor 5 Gal Portable Outdoor Camping Recreation Toilet
Camco Standard Portable Travel Toilet, Designed for Camping, RV, Boating And Other Recreational Activities (5.3 gallon) (41541)
Best Portable Toilet Reviews
In this article, we will take a close look at three portable toilets, listing down each of their features, pros, and cons. In the end, we’ll try to determine which one is the best of the best.
1. Cleanwaste Portable Toilet with Waste Kit
The Cleanwaste Portable Toilet with Waste Kit is one of the most traveler-friendly toilet kits in the market. In fact, when folded, it can even fit inside the trunk of a compact car. Despite this, you will be glad to know that it folds out into a standard size toilet seat.
The toilet folds out and stands on three sturdy legs. People might question the durability and stability of a three-leg toilet, but this unit can proudly support up to 500 pounds of weight. You can also remove the lid and use it as a platform to place the toilet on when setting up on soft ground.
What’s to like about the Cleanwaste Portable Toilet with Waste Kit
This toilet folds neatly into the size of a large briefcase, and it comes equipped with a convenient built-in handle for carrying. This is very convenient for travelers who don’t have enough space in their vehicle. What’s more, is that its briefcase-like appearance also saves you the embarrassment of having to explain to strangers what it is.
What’s not to like about the Cleanwaste Portable Toilet with Waste Kit
Though the legs of this toilet is very sturdy and durable, it requires extra effort in folding and unfolding. It is also important that wastes have to be sealed and thrown out after every use
- checkFolds into a compact, briefcase-size package
- checkEasy to carry and transport
- checkRequires no assembly
- checkSeat and bowl have the dimensions of a standard house toilet
- checkCan be set up on uneven terrain
- checkUses biodegradable, eco-friendly waste-bag
- Open waste container that can emit odors
- Wastes have to be sealed and thrown out after every use
- Foldable legs require significant effort to fold and unfold
- Only comes in one neutral color
2. Palm Springs 5-Gallon Portable Toilet
The Palm Springs 5-Gallon Portable Toilet is a self-contained portable toilet that you can take with you on your truck, RV, boat, or to any campsite. It is made from high-density polyethylene, which is equipped to survive the rough outdoors. Aside from that, it also has a matte finish to conceal any scratches or dirt.
These tanks are one-piece tanks to prevent leaks, and they are made of the same high-density material to keep wastes sealed and the toilet closed.
What’s to like about the Palm Springs 5-Gallon Portable Toilet
This toilet features a seat and a cover that measures the same as that of a standard house toilet. In fact, it even flushes like a residential latrine! It is designed with a three-gallon freshwater holding tank for flushing and a five-gallon waste-water holding tank.
What’s not to like about the Palm Springs 5-Gallon Portable Toilet
This toilet takes up a lot of space and cannot be even kept in a standard vehicle,
- checkComfortable to use
- checkHas a toilet seat that you can lift when you only have to urinate
- checkArrives fully assembled
- checkHas a large waste storage tank
- checkCan hold wastes of a large family (four to five members) for three to five days
- Can be significantly heavy (10 gallons or 37 kg when full)
- Can take up a lot of space
- Cannot be kept in a standard vehicle
- No handles for transporting or carrying in and out of your vehicle
- Full waste tank can build pressure and expend unpleasant gas through the tank vent
3. Camco Standard Portable Travel Toilet
Similar to the portable toilet we reviewed earlier, the Camco Standard Portable Travel Toilet is also a camping toilet that is suitable for large camping vehicles like trucks, RVs, and boats. It can be used for a large campsite as well.
In addition, this toilet also provides convenience. It features bellow-type flush and a pull-slide valve for easy use in flushing. It is equipped with a 2.5-gallon freshwater tank for flushing and a five-gallon waste-water holding tank.
The waste tank of the Camco toilet can also be interchanged with a smaller 2.6-gallon tank. This makes it ideal for shorter trips or for trips with fewer people. What this does is give this product more range.
Finally, the Camco Standard Portable Travel Toilet also throws in a free packet of Camco’s TST biodegradable toilet chemical for every purchase. This technology minimizes the smell and dissolves your wastes while in the tank.
What’s to like about the Camco Standard Portable Travel Toilet
This toilet is made from polyethylene, making it ready to take on heavy-duty tasks while still being compact and lightweight. It also features the same dimensions as a standard house toilet.
What’s not to like about the Camco Standard Portable Travel Toilet
This portable toilet is significantly heavy and may take up a lot of space.
- checkSeat and bowl have the dimensions of a standard toilet
- checkHas a toilet seat
- checkNo assembly required
- checkDesigned with a large waste-storage tank
- checkHas convenient handles on the side for carrying and transporting
- checkIncludes a packet of Camco’s TST biodegradable toilet chemical
- Can be significantly heavy (9.5 gallons or 34 kg when full)
- Can take up a lot of space
- Rubber seal can slip under extremely cold temperatures and leak
- Full waste tank can build pressure and expend gas
In terms of convenience, all three portable toilets get the job done. However, as with anything, there has to be one that stands out among the rest. The Camco Portable Toilet and the Palm Springs Portable Toilet are two very similar products. Both are made up of durable and lightweight material. They also both locks into a holding tank and have freshwater holding tanks to carry flushing water.
These products are the closest that you can have to have a home-style toilet along with you when you travel. They are both made with the truck-RV-boat vehicle in mind, and they can be used by several people for several days.
However, we found that the Camco Portable Toilet is better than the one from Palm Springs. It has built-in handles on the side, which make it easy to carry even with 30 kilos of human wastes in the tank. Small additional features, such as this one, give the edge to the Camco Standard Portable Travel Toilet as the best portable toilet among these three products.